The Supreme Court today dismissed a plea of former Congress leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy against the Andhra Pradesh High Court's order asking the CBI to conduct a probe into his alleged disproportionate assets.
"There is no need to interfere with the order of the high court," a bench headed by Justice Dalveer Bhandari said.
Reddy, son of late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, had earlier moved the apex court challenging the August 10 order of the high court saying it was not a "reasoned decision".
The high court, in its order, had directed CBI to take their probe into the case to its logical end.
The high court's order came on a petition filed by state Handlooms and Textile Minister P Shankar Rao who had alleged that Jagan's income rose from Rs 11 lakh in 2004 to Rs 43,000 crore by the time of his father's death in 2009.
In his petition, Rao had sought a CBI inquiry into the companies that had invested in Jagan's businesses to allegedly win favours in the form of land allotments and mining leases from the then YSR government.
The high court had set aside the arguments of Jagan's counsel that the petitioner has political vendetta against him and said the contention of the petitioner needs to be appreciated.
On July 22, the Supreme Court had refused to stay the high court's order for a preliminary CBI inquiry to ascertain if Jagan owns assets disproportionate to his income.
A bench of justices Dalveer Bhandari and Deepak Verma had dismissed Jagan's plea refusing to interfere with the high court's order.
SC Rejects Jagan's Petition Against HC Order on Probe
THE LATEST ISSUE
- LJP Leader Ram Vilas Paswan Passes Away At The Age Of 74
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Spins Hyderabad To Big Win After Warner-Bairstow Show
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Development Of Ladakh Troubles China: Anurag Thakur
- Hathras Case: Accused Claims Victim's Family Was 'Against Our Friendship'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- UP Police Violated SC Guidelines: Kerala Journalists Union
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- IPL 2020: Why Gayle Missed Out On Playing His First Match For KXIP