The Supreme Court today issued notices to Subramani Gopalakrishnan, partner of the global auditing firm PriceWaterhouse (PW) and V S Prabhakar Gupta, internal audit head of scam-hit IT firm Satyam Computers, over a plea by CBI seeking cancellation of their bail granted by the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
A bench of justices P Sathasivam and B S Chauhan issued notices to Gopalakrishnan and Gupta directing them to file their replies by April 13.
Additional Solicitor General H P Rawal, appearing for CBI, said the apex court had on October 26 last year cancelled the bail granted to B Ramalinga Raju, the founding chairman of Satyam Computers (now Mahindra Satyam), and five others.
He submitted that accordingly, bail granted to Gopalakrishnan and Gupta too should be cancelled on the basis of the apex court's order.
Appearing for Gopalkrishnan, senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi opposed the CBI plea, contending the invstigating agency has come to the apex court almost ten months after the high court had granted bail to his client.
He said the high court had given the bail in June 2010 and the probe agency has come to the Supreme Court in April 2011.
SC Notice to Satyam Fraud Accused on CBI Plea
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Work From Home Comes With Its Own Set Of Rules
- 9 Arrested For Chopping Off Punjab Cop's Hand; Arms, Cash, Cannabis Recovered
- Kerala Submitted Protocol For Plasma Therapy Week Before The US: Dr. Anoop Kumar
- Questions Swirl As MP Govt Chooses Private Hospitals For COVID-19 Treatment, Ignoring Even AIIMS
- Responsibilities Of Religious Leaders Go Beyond Ceremonies In Times Of Corona
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Migrant Workers Returning Home Could Spread Covid-19 In India: World Bank
- Six Taj Hotel Employees Test Positive For Coronavirus In Mumbai
- From Drones To Robots: How Indians Are Innovating To Fight Coronavirus
- Railways Ferries Camel Milk From Rajasthan To Mumbai For Autistic Child
- With More Than 2,000 Covid-19 Deaths In 24 Hours, US Toll Reaches 20,000
- Indian Economy To Decelerate To 5% In 2020: World Bank
- Kyrgios Follows Up On Free Food Promise
- Forget IPL: Where Will You Get Players From, Asks BCCI President Ganguly