The Supreme Court today issued a notice to CBI on a petition challenging the acquittal of Moninder Singh Pandher in one of the cases relating to infamous Nithari rape and serial killings in Noida.
The apex court also sought a response from Pandher on the petition filed by the family members of a victim against the Allahabad High Court verdict setting aside his conviction and death sentence awarded to him by the trial court.
The petition challenging Pandher's acquittal was filed by Anil Haldar whose daughter also became a victim of the alleged offence.
The High Court had upheld the death sentence of main accused Surinder Koli who was working as a domestic help of Pandhers at their Noida residence.
Koli has challenged his conviction and his death sentence has been stayed by the apex court.
Koli was sentenced to death, along with Pandher, by the sessions court in Ghaziabad on February 13, 2009 but the Allahabad High Court acquitted the latter while confirming the death sentence on the servant in connection with the grisly killings which had surfaced in December 2006.
The house of Moninder Singh Pandher in Section 20 Noida was the scene of the horrific rape and killings of girls and women nearly three years ago that had sparked a national outrage.
A special CBI court had on February 13, 2009, convicted both for the rape and murder of 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar, one of the several victims of the grisly killings in Nithari in 2007.
SC Notice on Petition Challenging Pandher's Acquittal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Bihar Elections: 47 Open Grounds, 19 Halls For Public Rallies
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat