The Government-appointed Satyam Computer Board would decide on the final road map for bringing the IT major back on rails in the next 10 days, a top executive said today.
"We would chart out the road map in the next 7-10 days," Satyam Chairman Kiran Karnik told reporters while answering a question on whether the Board would opt for an open offer or auction for the company.
The Satyam Board has scheduled its meeting in the city for tomorrow. "We will meet in Mumbai tomorrow at around 9.30 am and we are working on the venue," he said.
Asked whether the decision on the road map would be taken in tomorrow's Board meeting, Karnik said, "When I say 7-10 days, I expect we would have one more Board meeting."
"It may require Government approval...We don't know," he said.
Asked whether any clients have left Satyam, Karnik said that earlier there were a couple of cancellations but now there is stability.
Karnik refused to comment on the number of suitors for Satyam since "we have not yet formally invited any kind of applications".
"The roadmap will define what we tend to do," he said.
Asked whether Satyam would be sold entirely or in parts and whether there was any consensus on this, Karnik said "there is a thinking (on looking) at it as a whole entity and it is something appropriate to look at."
"There is a danger that any of the sensible businessmen who want to cherry-pick will take the good parts and the bad might be left...And people will lose (their) jobs."
"Our first preference will be looking at the company as a whole," Karnik said.
'Satyam's Final Roadmap in 10 Days'
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 LIVE: EVM Glitches, Sporadic Violence Mar Polls In Bengal
- In A Hung Parliament, Who Can Be India's Next PM? Here Are Some Possibilities
- Mamata Banerjee Urges EC To Ensure 'Peaceful And Impartial' Voting In Last Phase
- Elections And Unseen Forces: How Little-Known Parties Can Change Politics In UP, Bihar
- How's The Josh? Can India Win Cricket World Cup? Will Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni Pull It Off?
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- European Football Round-up: Men On The Margins Come Through For English Clubs In A Manic Week
- PM Modi Prays For Whole Humankind, Thanks EC For Allowing Kedarnath Visit
- UP CM Among First Voters To Exercise Franchise In Last Phase Of LS Polls
- Harbhajan Singh Casts Vote In Jalandhar, Rules Out Joining Politics
- Post-Cyclone Fani Situation Grim In Puri, Odisha Govt Announces Additional Relief
- BJP After My Life, I Will Be Assassinated Like Indira Gandhi: Kejriwal
- Godse Killed Gandhi, People Like Pragya Killing Soul Of India: Kailash Satyarthi
- Cricket World Cup 2019: Massive Boost For India As Kedar Jadhav Declared Fit
- MS Dhoni Gets 2023 World Cup Challenge From Ex-South African Captain AB De Villiers