The interim managers of tainted Satyam Computers today said they were talking to clients to continue serving them, even as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Valdamani Srinivas quit abruptly.
Interim CEO Ram Mynampati declared that the liquidity and cash-in-hand were not encouraging, although the company managed to pay December'08 salaries to its 53,000 employees.
"Some outstanding payment to vendors is yet to be made... we are verifying the liquidity and balancesheet... We have to raise liquidity in near term and are confident of raising it," said Mynampati, while adding that his appointment was legal.
On the conduct of auditor PriceWaterhouseCoopers, he said: "We have not verified what process PwC took to certify financial statements. We are not yet in touch with them."
On the financial irregularities disclosed by former Satyam Chairman Ramalinga Raju, Mynampati said the team was not yet in a position to answer these issues, as it is still ascertaining disclosures made by Ramalinga Raju and trying to correct financial irregularities.
He said the regulatory bodies have already started their inspection and a team of market regulator SEBI was in Satyam talking to associates.
CFO Srinivas, who Mynampati said was expected in office within a week, sent in his resignation during the course of the press conference -- dealing a blow to efforts to hold the top leadership team intact.
Satyam's CFO V. Srinivas Resigns
THE LATEST ISSUE
- OPINION: Not COVID-19, Racism Is A Virus That Has No Cure And India Is A Hotspot
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Bengal Reports Another Death; 8 More Test Positive In Madhya Pradesh
- Coronavirus: Trump Says Peak US Death Rate Likely To Hit In Two Weeks
- 756 Coronavirus Deaths In 24 Hours In Italy; Lockdown Likely To Be Extended
- Will Stray Animals Survive The Coronavirus Lockdown?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Singer Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive For Fourth Time
- Flights Grounded, Here's What Happens To Your Air Ticket
- 'PM Modi Ignored Us,' Say Pharmacists As Gadkari Opens Old Wound
- Worried Over Virus-Hit Economy, German Minister Commits Suicide
- Plane On Medical Mission Catches Fire At Manila Airport; All 8 Aboard Killed
- Coronavirus: Wimbledon Will Be Cancelled – German Tennis Chief
- Coronavirus Natural, Not Engineered, Says NY-based Genomics Expert
- Exclusive | Sehwag Could Bring Any Attack To Its Knees: Wright