Two real estate businessmen from Chennai deposed as prosecution witnesses in a local court today during the hearing in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra are the main accused.
Only seven of the 24 accused were present when the hearing resumed before the Principal District and Sessions Judge T.Ramasamy and the absentees included the two seers.
Special Public Prosecutor N.Devadoss examined the two witnesses.
He told PTI later that three more prosecution witnesses would be examined during the next hearing slated for tomorrow.
A total of 176 witnesses have been examined since the commencement of the trial two years ago out of which 77 have turned hostile.
The trial was shifted from Chengalpattu court to Puducherry on a Supreme court order on a petition by Jayendra Sarawathi.
Sankararaman, manager of the Varadaraja Perumal temple in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the premises of the temple on September 3, 2004.
Sankararaman Murder: Two Realtors Depose in Trial
THE LATEST ISSUE
- PM Modi To Address Nation At 8 PM Today, Will Discuss 'Vital Aspects Relating To Coronavirus'
- Omar Abdullah, Ex-J&K CM, Released After Almost 8 Months Of Detention
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Delhi's Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- Coronavirus Live Updates: 32 States, UTs Locked Down; China To Ease Restrictions In Hubei
- First Communal Violence, Now Coronavirus Fears, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- J&K Police Filing FIRs, Using Drones In Fight Against Coronavirus
- India Has Tremendous Capacity To Combat Coronavirus, Says WHO
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- EC Defers Rajya Sabha Polls Scheduled For March 26 In View Of Coronavirus Outbreak
- Coronavirus: 32 States, UTs Under Complete Lockdown
- Olympics Postponement Inevitable: IOC Official
- Conference Call Between BCCI And IPL Team Owners Postponed