Two real estate businessmen from Chennai deposed as prosecution witnesses in a local court today during the hearing in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra are the main accused.
Only seven of the 24 accused were present when the hearing resumed before the Principal District and Sessions Judge T.Ramasamy and the absentees included the two seers.
Special Public Prosecutor N.Devadoss examined the two witnesses.
He told PTI later that three more prosecution witnesses would be examined during the next hearing slated for tomorrow.
A total of 176 witnesses have been examined since the commencement of the trial two years ago out of which 77 have turned hostile.
The trial was shifted from Chengalpattu court to Puducherry on a Supreme court order on a petition by Jayendra Sarawathi.
Sankararaman, manager of the Varadaraja Perumal temple in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the premises of the temple on September 3, 2004.
Sankararaman Murder: Two Realtors Depose in Trial
THE LATEST ISSUE
- G7 Summit: Spotlight On Kashmir, Trade During Modi-Trump Talks
- Supreme Court To Hear P Chidambaram's Plea Against Arrest Today
- Sindhu To Receive Cash Reward For Stellar Showing At Badminton Worlds
- Driver Killed In Kashmir As Protesters Hurl Stones At Truck Mistaking It For Police Vehicle
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Meets Boris Johnson At G-7 Summit; Discusses Bilateral Ties, Security
- Former PM Manmohan Singh's SPG Security Withdrawn
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- 'Why Don't We Nuke Them', Trump's Suggestion To Stop Hurricane: Report
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Hosts Must Take Inspiration From Stokes - Root
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Rahane, Bumrah Torment Windies As India Seal First Test In Clinical Fashion