Two more prosecution witness turned hostile during cross examination in a local court today in the Sankararaman murder case, in which the two Seers Jayendra Saraswati and his junior Vijayendra Saraswati are the main accused.
Eighteen of the 24 accused were present in court when hearing began before the Principal District and Sessions Judge T Ramaswamy.
The absentees included the two seers,who have been charged under various IPC sections for criminal conspiracy and murder.
During the trial today, three witnesses were examined and cross examined, of whom two turned hostile, contradicting their statements given earlier to police.
A total of 121 witnesses have so far been examined since commencement of the trial here, of whom 64 have turned hostile. The Supreme Court had shifted the case here from Chengalpattu district court on a petition filed by Jayendra Saraswathi in October 2005.
The Judge adjourned the hearing to December 21 and said there would be hearing for three days in a row from that date.
Sankararaman, Manager in Varadarajaperumal temple in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the temple premises on September 3, 2004.
Sankararaman Murder : 2 More Witnesses Turn Hostile
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Delhi, UP Seal Coronavirus Hotspots; Here Are The Areas To Be Locked Up
- Coronavirus Threat & Shortage Of Migrants Pose Challenge to Farmers In Punjab, Haryana
- Coronavirus Tests Must Be Conducted Free Of Cost In Govt & Private Labs, SC Tells Centre
- At All-Party Meet, PM Modi Suggests Extending 21-Day Lockdown
- Corona In The Chambal, Corona In The Secretariat
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Coronavirus Hotspots In 15 UP Districts To Be Sealed: All You Need To Know
- Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of US Presidential Race; Biden To Face Trump
- Mehbooba Mufti Determined To Oppose 'Illegal Abrogation of Art 370'
- Opinion: Animal World May Not Be Immune To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Samples Of Coronavirus To Pune For Testing
- Suspension Of Olympics Qualification Big Blow For Indian Athletes: Coach
- Fate Of I-League Hangs In Balance, Decision After COVID-19 Lockdown