An accused in the Sankararaman murder case in which Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi is the main accused today moved the Madras High Court seeking to implead him in a petition on which the court had stayed the trial in the case by a Puducherry court.
When the petition of then manager of the mutt N Sundaresan, also an accused in the case, came up for hearing, Justice K Suguna ordered filing of counter affidavit and posted the matter to September 22.
Sankararaman, Manager of the Sri Varadarajaperumal temple in Kancheepuram, was murdered in September 2004 and Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the prime accused in the case.
A city advocate, P.Sundararajan, had recently filed a petition alleging that some tapes containing a telephonic conversation among some persons to influence the judgement in the case had come to light and sought a stay of the proceedings in the Puducherry Sessions Court.
Justice Suguna had on August 25 stayed the trial for eight weeks.
Sunderesan claimed that the petition had been filed without the petitioner disclosing his interest in the case. If he was not impleaded, great prejudice would be caused to him.
The Judge dismissed a petition filed by one K Thiru Murugan seeking to implead himself in the writ petition on the ground that he was neither a necessary party nor a proper party to the proceedings.
Sankararaman Case: Kanchi Mutt Official Moves HC
THE LATEST ISSUE
- G7 Summit: Spotlight On Kashmir, Trade During Modi-Trump Talks
- Supreme Court To Hear P Chidambaram's Plea Against Arrest Today
- Sindhu To Receive Cash Reward For Stellar Showing At Badminton Worlds
- Driver Killed In Kashmir As Protesters Hurl Stones At Truck Mistaking It For Police Vehicle
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Meets Boris Johnson At G-7 Summit; Discusses Bilateral Ties, Security
- Former PM Manmohan Singh's SPG Security Withdrawn
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- 'Why Don't We Nuke Them', Trump's Suggestion To Stop Hurricane: Report
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Hosts Must Take Inspiration From Stokes - Root
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Rahane, Bumrah Torment Windies As India Seal First Test In Clinical Fashion