With three more prosecution witnesses turning hostile, a local court adjourned to November 29, the hearing in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Seer Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the main accused.
Of the 24 accused, only seven were present when the hearing resumed before the Principal District and Sessions Judge T Ramaswamy.
The absentees included Jayendra and Vijayendra who have been charged under various sections of IPC for criminal conspiracy and murder.
During the trial, three more prosecution witnesses, of the ten examined and cross-examined, turned hostile. They contradicted the statements they had given earlier.
The Judge then adjourned proceedings and posted the next hearing in the case for November 29.
A total of 113 witnesses have been examined since the commencement of the trial here, out of which 61 have turned hostile. The Supreme Court had shifted the case here from Chengalpattu district court on a petition filed by Jayendra Saraswathi in October 2005.
Sankararaman, manager of Varadarajaperumal temple in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in the temple premises on September 3, 2004.
Sankararaman Case: 3 More Witnesses Turn Hostile
THE LATEST ISSUE
- At All-Party Meet, PM Modi Suggests Extending 21-Day Lockdown
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Samples Of Coronavirus To Pune For Testing
- Why COVID-19 Outbreak In India's Slums Will Be Disastrous For The Urban Poor
- Mumbai Makes Masks Compulsory In Public, Violators To Face Action
- Double Whammy For Indian Muslims: Failed Secular State & No Progressive Leaders
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Opinion: Animal World May Not Be Immune To Coronavirus Pandemic
- 'He Was Great': Trump Praises Modi Day After Retaliation Warning
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- Back-to-Back Trading Holidays May Add To Market Volatility
- Golfer Arjun Bhati Sells Trophies To Contribute Towards COVID-19 Fight
- India's GDP May Plummet To Multi-decade Low Of 1.6%: Goldman Sachs
- Is It A Cold? Is It The Flu? Or Is It...
- Stokes Ends Kohli's Reign, Wins Wisden Cricketer Of The Year Honour