Sanjana Jon, sister of Indian- American fashion designer Anand Jon who has been jailed for 59 years for sexually assaulting aspiring models, has been fined USD 1,000 and sentenced to either 5-day imprisonment or 120- hour community service for contacting a juror during his trial.
The sentence was announced by Judge David Wesley of Los Angeles Superior Court as part of the contempt of court proceedings against her along with juror Alvin Dymally for having spoken to each other in violation of the court order.
Announcing the sentence yesterday, Judge Wesley slapped a fine of USD 1,000 on Sanjana, the elder sister of Anand Jon, and gave her the option of either five days in jail or 120 hours of community service.
According to her attorney, Dana Cole, Sanjana opted for community service. Early this week, Dymally too received the same sentence.
Wesley wanted Sanjana to perform 120 hours' service with Caltrans, California Department of Transportation, while Cole claimed a medical condition made that impossible, L A Weekly reported.
"Wesley agreed to work with Cole and (Sanjana Jon) Alexander to find 'an acceptable alternative' and scheduled them to return to his court next Tuesday with a doctor's letter confirming Alexander's inability to work with Caltrans," the weekly said.
After the hearing, Sanjana embraced her mother and the two women wept.
Sanjana Jon Fined USD 1,000 for Contempt of Court
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%: Governor Shaktikanta Das
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- 13-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped In Greater Noida, 3 Detained
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready For Sasikala's Release, Says Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA