Sania, Zheng Lose Matches in Hong Kong
Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza, making a comeback from a wrist injury, went down fighting against her nemesis Ana Chakvetadze, resulting in team Asia-Pacific's 0-2 defeat against Team Russia at World Team Challenge tournament here today.
All the hopes of the Asian team making a comeback in the tie rested on Sania after Asia-pacific captain Chinese Zheng Jie lost the first singles to her counterpart Vera Zvonareva.
The Indian ace fought well against the world number 18 but could not help her team as Chakvetadze beat her 6-4 6-4 to seal off the issue.
Earlier, Zvonareva beat Zheng 7-6 (3), 6-4, to give her team a 1-0 lead.
THE LATEST ISSUE
- The Complete Covid Chargesheet: From First Lockdown To Present Catastrophe
- India Continues To Record Over 3 Lakh Daily Covid Cases
- Cyclone Tauktae Intensifies; Mumbai Likely To Receive Heavy Rain Today
- Are Hospitals Prescribing Unscientific Coronil To Covid Patients?
- Will Salman Khan’s 'Radhe' Change The Game For Bollywood?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Book Review: Rising Above The Octopus
- Covid Patient Issued Death Certificate Later Found Sitting On Hospital Bed
- Congress MP Rajeev Satav Dies Days After Recovering From Covid-19
- Govt, Public Dropped Guard After 1st Covid Wave: Mohan Bhagwat
- Which Covid Strain Causes Post-Vaccination Deaths?
- China Calls For UN Intervention For De-Escalation In Israel-Gaza, Slams US
- Federer Unsure If Olympics Should Happen
- Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes Finally Claim FA Cup Glory