In a jolt to the Indian National Lok Dal, it's general secretary Sampat Singh today announced his decision to quit the party, saying the INLD is in "complete disarray".
"The INLD is now in complete disarray as there is neither those who follow the policies of former deputy prime minister Devi Lal nor his name exists any more," former Haryana finance minister Singh, who remained associated with the INLD for 32 years, told a press conference here.
Taking a dig at INLD chief Om Parkash Chautala and his two sons, he said "the party leadership does not allow anyone else to be promoted in the outfit except a few from within a family".
"The situation has become such that it will not be wise for me to remain in the party and even the leadership feels that I am no more required here," Singh said, adding "I was with Devi Lal by conviction, but with Chautala by compulsion".
Singh, who contested the recent Lok Sabha elections from Hisar against former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal and lost by a thin margin, said that he would not go back to INLD in near future and take the next action as per the wishes of his supporters.
He said the "double talks" of Chautala and his sons were responsible for his defeat in the recent general elections to some extent.
"It is unfortunate that in the INLD three people (Chautala and his two sons) have the Veto power and they use it to accept or reject any thing," Singh said.
"I was associated with INLD just due to Lal," he said adding "I am separated from Chautala's politically, but not socially."
On being asked whether he is thinking to join other parties, including the Congress, the former minister said "I have not made up my mind to join any other party so far".
Sampat Singh Quits INLD
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Says Aligarh CMO
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal, BJP Demands CBI Inquiry
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat