In a jolt to the Indian National Lok Dal, it's general secretary Sampat Singh today announced his decision to quit the party, saying the INLD is in "complete disarray".
"The INLD is now in complete disarray as there is neither those who follow the policies of former deputy prime minister Devi Lal nor his name exists any more," former Haryana finance minister Singh, who remained associated with the INLD for 32 years, told a press conference here.
Taking a dig at INLD chief Om Parkash Chautala and his two sons, he said "the party leadership does not allow anyone else to be promoted in the outfit except a few from within a family".
"The situation has become such that it will not be wise for me to remain in the party and even the leadership feels that I am no more required here," Singh said, adding "I was with Devi Lal by conviction, but with Chautala by compulsion".
Singh, who contested the recent Lok Sabha elections from Hisar against former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal and lost by a thin margin, said that he would not go back to INLD in near future and take the next action as per the wishes of his supporters.
He said the "double talks" of Chautala and his sons were responsible for his defeat in the recent general elections to some extent.
"It is unfortunate that in the INLD three people (Chautala and his two sons) have the Veto power and they use it to accept or reject any thing," Singh said.
"I was associated with INLD just due to Lal," he said adding "I am separated from Chautala's politically, but not socially."
On being asked whether he is thinking to join other parties, including the Congress, the former minister said "I have not made up my mind to join any other party so far".
Sampat Singh Quits INLD
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Leeway To Ladakh: Kashmir Sees Political Message As Leh Gets More Autonomy
- Two Goa Congress MLAs Resign After Meeting Amit Shah, Set To Join BJP
- #MeToo | Where’s The Line To Be Drawn When Everyone Has A Different Line?
- Former BSP MP's Son Brandishes Gun Outside 5-Star Hotel In Delhi, Video Goes Viral
- One Shot, One Location, One Actor: Bimba Redefines Fast Track Film-Making
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- He Was Obnoxious, Extremely Sexist: Dia Mirza Speaks Up Against Sajid Khan
- NSUI President Fairoz Khan Quits After Sexual Harassment Charges
- Yogi Adityanath Govt Approves Renaming Of Allahabad To Prayagraj
- WW0W0W: Aussie Bowler Rocks Pakistan With Four Wickets In Six Balls
- Congress Votes Get Reduced If I Campaign, Says Digvijaya Singh
- Poll Strategist Prashant Kishor Appointed JD(U)’s Vice President
- Bhagat Hits Back At Ira Trivedi, Says Don't Harm #MeToo Movement With False Charges
- Protesters Stop Women At Sabarimala Base Camp Ahead Of Temple Opening