In a new twist to the case relating to sensational murder of right wing activist Sunil Joshi, the NIA today alleged Lokesh Sharma and Rajendra Chowdhary, accused in Malegaon and Samjhauta Express blast cases, had killed him.
An NIA team probing seven cases related to right wing terror case, arrested one Balveer from Indore yesterday for allegedly being part of the conspiracy to eliminate Joshi, sources in the agency said.
The sources said the apparent reason for killing Joshi, who was allegedly the mastermind of Samjhauta and Malegaon 2006 attacks, was his misbehaviour and attempt to outrage the modesty of a woman member of his group.
However, the NIA was trying to corroborate the statements of the accused separately.
Balveer is believed to be a close associate of Lokesh Sharma who is a suspect in Samjhauta Express bombings and attack on the life of Delhi University lecturer S A R Geelani who was arrested and later acquitted in connection with Parliament attack case, they said.
The NIA team has recovered a magazine of a 9mm pistol from him which has been sent for forensic analysis. Joshi was also killed with the bullet of a similar pistol on December 29, 2007, they said.
The NIA probe had so far has indicated that Sharma and Chowdhary had allegedly killed Joshi who led the right wing extremist group that vowed to avenge the attacks by jihadi terrorists in the country. However, the duo have not been arrested in the case so far.
Madhya Pradesh police, which were initially probing the case, had even filed a chargesheet against five accused but the NIA suspects that Joshi was killed to stop him from surrendering before the competent court.
The case was handed over to the NIA after his killing was linked to terror plot hatched by right wing extremists.
Samjahuta Bombers Behind Sunil Joshi's Murder: NIA
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine