Eminent technocrat Sam Pitroda today expressed shock over Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy allegations regarding the acquisition of a company that ran National Herald newspaper and threatened to sue him for defamation.
"The allegations made by Dr Swamy are utterly false, entirely baseless and defamatory. The action in calling a press conference is motivated.
"We are committed to pursuing all legal action against the scandalous abuse of right to speech in the press conference. If necessary we will pursue all legal remedies open to us," he said in his reaction to Swamy's charges.
Earlier in the day, Swamy targeted Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi raising questions over acquisition of a company that published the now-defunct
National Herald newspaper to which Congress gave a loan of over Rs 90
Pitroda, who is on the Managing Committee of 'Young Indian', a Sec 25 company which acquired Associated Journals Private Ltd, said he did not not understand the whole thing about the charges made by
Sam Pitroda Threatens to Sue Swamy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Users Who Don’t Accept New Privacy Terms Won’t Be Able To Receive Calls: WhatsApp
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine