Ruling Shiromani Akali Dal has urged the Election Commission to take strict action against People's Party of Punjab chief Manpreet Singh Badal for allegedly issuing false and misleading advertisement in the form of "paid news" in a vernacular daily today.
A written complaint in this regard was filed by SAD secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema to the EC today.
In its communication to the EC, the SAD alleged that Manpreet, a former Minister, has got published an advertisement in the form of paid news in a vernacular daily which states "Anna Hazare Ate Manpreet Badal Da Rasta Ate Udesh Iko He" (Anna Hazare and Manpreet Badal have the same goal and aim).
"In this paid news he has equated himself with the social activist Anna Hazare. The sole purpose of the paid news advertisement is to create confusion among the public and make an impression that media has started equating the PPP leader with the Anna Hazare," Cheema said in a statement.
He said the EC should take note of this "serious development" which has taken just a few months before the state Assembly polls.
"This corrupt and unethical move of Manpreet Badal of issuing misleading advertisements in the form of paid news along with photo of social activist Anna Hazare will also embarrass the Anna team who are advocating complete transparency and electoral reforms to cleanse the election system," Cheema said.
Urging the EC to take a strict action against the PPP leader and restrict all the political parties from using paid news for their campaign, SAD leader said EC should evolve a broader and transparent formula to contain this menace.
SAD Urges EC to Take Action Against Manpreet
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How State Governments Are Managing The Coronavirus Pandemic Amid 21-day Lockdown
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- RBI Decision On Moratorium On Term Loan Payments Big Relief, Will Help Reduce Financial Stress On Borrowers
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned In Mumbai After WHO Hoardings On COVID-19 Trigger Panic
- Why IND's Hockey Coach Reid Thinks COVID-19 A Blessing In Disguise
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Health Secretary Test Positive For Coronavirus
- Stuck in Bangladesh, Kashmiri Students Seek Evacuation Amid Covid-19 Fears
- The Delhi Cop Who Looks After 350 Poor Families Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States
- Coronavirus: RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4%
- All Domestic Flights Suspended Till April 14, Says DGCA
- Times Group Sends ThePrint Legal Notice For Story On Covid19 Spread Through Paper
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19