Sabauddin Ahmed, who was acquitted in the 26/11 terror attack case, was today produced before a sessions court which sent him to judicial custody till tomorrow.
The sessions court had on August 29 issued production warrants against Sabauddin and Faheem Ansari as the Bombay High Court had admitted the prosecution's appeal against their acquittal in the terror attack case.
Sabauddin and Faheem, soon after their acquittal in the 26/11 terror case in May, were transferred to a jail in Uttar Pradesh in connection with a case of firing at CRPF camp in Rampur.
Sabauddin was produced before Principal Judge of the sessions court, M L Tahalayani, who was also the trial judge in the 26/11 case.
The court remanded him to judicial custody till tomorrow and directed him to be lodged at Arthur Road jail in central Mumbai.
Faheem was brought from Uttar Pradesh on September 24 and is presently in judicial custody. Both Faheem and Sabauddin would be produced before the court again tomorrow and their custody would be extended.
Sabauddin and Faheem were accused of preparing maps of the city and providing them to Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives, who allegedly perpetrated the attack on Mumbai.
While they were acquitted in the 26/11 case due to weak evidence, lone surviving Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab was convicted and awarded the death penalty.
Sabauddin in Judicial Custody Till October 7
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chemists Claim Shortage of Essential Medicines Due To Hoarding, Panic Buying & Police Crackdown
- Corona Outbreak Afflicted By Communal Virus? Blaming Tablighi Jamaat Could Be Misdirected
- Coronavirus Live Updates: No Community Transmission Yet In Delhi, Says Kejriwal; India Toll Continues To Rise
- Is Coronavirus Sexually Transmitted And Other Questions People Want To Ask
- Tendulkar's 'Coronavirus' Diary: Unplugged Music, TV Serials And Lot Of Sleep
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Over 1,500 Evacuated From Nizamuddin Markaz, Says Kejriwal; Seeks Action
- India Needs Aggressive Measures To Protect Marginalised In These Times
- Recession To Hit World Economy With Likely Exception Of India, China: UN
- Spain Sees Record Death Toll With 849 Fatalities In 24 Hours: Govt
- Another Leopard Spotted In Chandigarh, Cops Ask People To Stay Indoors
- No Play, No Pay For IPL
- From Akshay-Salman To Janhvi-Sara Ali Khan, Corona Will Spare None
- BWF Freezes Badminton Rankings