Visting South Korean President Lee Myung-bak today presented the "Order of Diplomatic Service Merit" award to Confederation of Indian Industry President and TVS Motor Company Managing Director Venu Srinivasan.
Lee, on a four-day state visit to the country, presented the award after visiting the Hyundai Motor India company's plant in Sriperumbudur near here, a TVS Motor release said.
He would be the Chief Guest at this year's Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
The award has been presented to Srinivasan in recognition of his contribution in promoting Korea-India bilateral relations.
The award was bestowed on Srinivasan for his persistence and focused efforts in promoting inter-cultural dialogue by facilitating and accomplishing consistent programmes that drew on the rich traditions of both India and South Korea, it said.
S Korean Prez Honours CII Chief
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- 'Disgraceful Misuse Of Power': Rahul Gandhi Flays BJP Govt Over Action Against Chidambaram
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- '... Await The Mentioned Hearing In SC': Chidambaram's Lawyer Tells CBI
- MNS Activist Sets Himself Ablaze After ED Issues Notice To Party Chief Raj Thackeray
- 63 Dead This Monsoon Season In Rain-Ravaged Himachal Pradesh
- Delhi HC Grants Robert Vadra Four Weeks To File Rejoinder In Money Laundering Case
- Pakistan Says Will Approach ICJ Over India's Move On Kashmir
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- Preview: WI Vs IND, 1st Test
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS