Russia has assured more transparency and less red tape for Indian investments as New Delhi pushes for greater economic engagement with Moscow and trade between the two countries.
Visiting Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma took up the issues of non-transparency and bureaucratic red tape faced by Indian investors with prime minister Vladimir Putin during a meeting.
Sharma discussed the same in talks with deputy prime minister Alexander Zhukov, economic development minister Elvira Nabiullina and industry and trade minister Viktor Khristenko.
"I think we should improve mechanisms of cooperation, of our interaction with foreign investors. This is a hot topic, given the state of affairs in the global economy and the experience we have accumulated in cooperation with our partners in recent years...We must seek more transparency and less bureaucracy," Putin told a cabinet meeting yesterday.
Russia and India have agreed on high-level investments in energy, pharmaceuticals, information technology and agro processing.
The two sides have also agreed to intensify cooperation in defence and high technology sectors.
During his three-day Russia visit, Sharma co-chaired the Third India-Russia Forum on Trade and Investments that coincided with the inauguration of the international forum of foreign investors, "Russia Calling!"
The two countries have agreed to increase bilateral trade to USD 15 billion by 2012, diversifying the trade basket. Two-way trade was estimated at USD 7 billion in 2008.
Russia Promises Less Red Tape for Indian Investments
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- US President Donald Trump Returns To The White House
- Junior Commissioned Officer Killed In Shelling Along LoC: Army
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- Pompeo To Meet Jaishankar In Tokyo Today
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli