RJD today demanded that Nitish Kumar government in Bihar ban the release of Prakash Jha's controversial Hindi film Aarakashan (Reservation) in keeping with Uttar Pradesh and Punjab.
RJD workers brought out a procession from the party office to Dakbungalow roundabout here demanding that the release of the film be banned, said state party office secretary Chandeshwar Prasad Singh.
They also burnt the effigy of the Chief Minister for not taking an immediate decision on banning the movie.
"The release of the film in Bihar will hurt the sentiments of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and other weaker sections of the society", the RJD workers felt.
UP and Punjab have banned the release of the movie over apprehension that it may cause law and order problem.
Starring Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, is releasing tomorrow.
Director has agreed to make certain changes in the movie, respecting concerns voiced by different political bodies.
RJD Asks Nitish Kumar To Ban 'Aarakshan' in Bihar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bihar: 71 Corpses Recovered From Ganga
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Vice President Naidu Greets Scientists On National Technology Day
- 18 States, UTs Reporting Decline In Number Of Daily Cases: Centre
- What Is Mucormycosis?
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Tour Of Sri Lanka: Hardik, Dhawan In Line For India Captaincy
- Why Sania Mirza Suffered Depression After Olympics Debut In 2008