Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today said the resignations of Union Ministers Ashwani Kumar and Pawan Kumar Bansal would not pose any danger to the UPA government.
"There is no danger to UPA government. The decisions taken by the Prime Minister and the two ministers are right. We are set to complete full term," he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
When asked if the image of the UPA government had taken a beating, he said, "It is a matter of debate."
Asked about reports that he was likely to be brought back to Maharashtra to replace Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan before the next elections, Shinde said he was not aware of any such proposal.
"If there was such a proposal, I would have come to know as I am a member of the core group. There are rumours floating in Maharashtra," he said.
Talking about the recent incursion by Chinese soldiers, the Home Minister said the deployment of Indo-Tibetan Border Police along the Indo-China border would remain unchanged. "ITBP is watchful. We have LOC drawn on Indo-Pak border. We are continuing our negotiations with China on the disputed border areas and handed over maps to them," he said.
Shinde also said he would soon visit the US and meet FBI officials to exchange inputs on the investigating techniques.
In order to attract youths to civil defence, his ministry was considering a "better uniform" for home guards, he said.
Earlier, the minister laid the foundation stone of the housing complex for National Disaster Response Force personnel at Maval taluka in Pune district.
Resignations of Kumar, Bansal Won't Rock UPA: Shinde
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Global Cases Soar To 510,000; Death Toll Crosses 22,000
- Working Together With G20 Countries Against Coronavirus Pandemic: Trump
- Coronavirus: With 88 New Infections, Cases In India Rise To 694; Death Toll Reaches 16
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack: A Pakistani Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Serious Questions About China's Conduct
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots – REPORT
- UP Cops Make People Hop With Bags During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus: India Extends Ban On International Flights Till April 14
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of COVID-19 Test Kits
- Panic-Buying Can Lead To Lack Of Essential Items During Lockdown
- Coronavirus: A James Bond-Inspired Mobile App Helping TN Authorities
- Rs 50 Lakh Insurance Cover For Doctors, Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19
- Ronaldo Criticised For 'Taking Pictures By The Pool' During Pandemic