Amid slowdown in industrial growth, Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata today said "hindrances" must be resolved to kick-start National Manufacturing Policy that still awaits green signals from key ministries even after four months of approval by the Cabinet.
Tata, along with other industry leaders, including ITC Chairman and Managing Director Y C Deveshwar and TVS Motor Company CMD Venu Srinivasan, attended the first meeting of the reconstituted National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) here.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Tata said NMCC members discussed ways to remove hindrances and accelerate manufacturing in the country.
Asked what were the roadblocks, he said, "Hindrances in the sense that things need to be resolved. Nothing is unresolvable."
In the absence of notifications by the ministries of labour, environment and finance, the much-publicised NMP has not been made operational even four months after its clearance by the Cabinet.
The policy provides for certain relaxations with regard to environment and labour norms.
Despite the issues, Tata however, sounded optimistic saying, "There may be many roadblocks on the way to make that (NMP) actually implementable but we are on that path and I think its a tribute that a policy has been established and the government intends to stand by it."
Remove Hindrances to Adopt Manufacturing Policy: Tata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'No Anti-National Activities On Campus': Yogi Govt Directs Private Universities Through Ordinance
- After Mamata, Stalin, KCR And Chandrababu Naidu Too Will Give PM Modi's All Party Meet A Miss
- US Economy 'Envy Of World,' Says Donald Trump At First Rally For Reelection Campaign
- 91% People Favour Kejriwal's Proposal To Give Free Bus, Metro Rides To Women: AAP
- ENG Vs AFG: Iceland Cricket Trolls Rashid Khan; Luke Wright, Stuart Broad Come To His Rescue
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- J&K: 7 Civilians Injured In Grenade Attack Near Police Station In Pulwama
- 'Tera Time Aayega': Delhi Cop Raps To Create Awareness About Traffic Rules -- VIDEO
- 17 Sixes vs Afghanistan! Eoin Morgan Smashes ODI World Record
- WATCH: MPs Chant 'Jai Shri Ram' As Owaisi Takes Oath, He Responds With 'Allahu Akbar'
- From Berhampore MP To Congress Lok Sabha Leader: The Rise of Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
- On Rahul Gandhi's Birthday, PM Narendra Modi Wishes Him 'Good Health, Long Life'
- Karnataka Congress Suspends Legislator Roshan Baig For 'Anti-Party Activities'
- Delhi: Restaurant Employee Stabbed To Death By Colleague