Amid slowdown in industrial growth, Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata today said "hindrances" must be resolved to kick-start National Manufacturing Policy that still awaits green signals from key ministries even after four months of approval by the Cabinet.
Tata, along with other industry leaders, including ITC Chairman and Managing Director Y C Deveshwar and TVS Motor Company CMD Venu Srinivasan, attended the first meeting of the reconstituted National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) here.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Tata said NMCC members discussed ways to remove hindrances and accelerate manufacturing in the country.
Asked what were the roadblocks, he said, "Hindrances in the sense that things need to be resolved. Nothing is unresolvable."
In the absence of notifications by the ministries of labour, environment and finance, the much-publicised NMP has not been made operational even four months after its clearance by the Cabinet.
The policy provides for certain relaxations with regard to environment and labour norms.
Despite the issues, Tata however, sounded optimistic saying, "There may be many roadblocks on the way to make that (NMP) actually implementable but we are on that path and I think its a tribute that a policy has been established and the government intends to stand by it."
Remove Hindrances to Adopt Manufacturing Policy: Tata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Bihar Elections: 47 Open Grounds, 19 Halls For Public Rallies
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat