Amid slowdown in industrial growth, Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata today said "hindrances" must be resolved to kick-start National Manufacturing Policy that still awaits green signals from key ministries even after four months of approval by the Cabinet.
Tata, along with other industry leaders, including ITC Chairman and Managing Director Y C Deveshwar and TVS Motor Company CMD Venu Srinivasan, attended the first meeting of the reconstituted National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) here.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Tata said NMCC members discussed ways to remove hindrances and accelerate manufacturing in the country.
Asked what were the roadblocks, he said, "Hindrances in the sense that things need to be resolved. Nothing is unresolvable."
In the absence of notifications by the ministries of labour, environment and finance, the much-publicised NMP has not been made operational even four months after its clearance by the Cabinet.
The policy provides for certain relaxations with regard to environment and labour norms.
Despite the issues, Tata however, sounded optimistic saying, "There may be many roadblocks on the way to make that (NMP) actually implementable but we are on that path and I think its a tribute that a policy has been established and the government intends to stand by it."
Remove Hindrances to Adopt Manufacturing Policy: Tata
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- WADA Suspends India's National Dope Testing Laboratory
- Why Srinagar's High Profile Gupkar Road Is No More A Passage In Paradise
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh