Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy today said that he was ready to join hands with Anna Hazare in his anti-graft crusade, but the team Anna did not want to have any connection with the politicians.
Swamy, who was here to give a lecture, said he alongwith some others had formed `Action Committee Against Corruption (ACAC)', which would fight the corruption using the existing laws.
"Hazare movement is based on bringing a new law. ACAC feels that even within the existing law we can get the corrupt people punished, like we did in 2G scam," he said. "We need not wait for a new law."
"We will support Anna Hazare if he wants our help but unfortunately his team feels that they will not have any connection with politicians," he added.
Swamy also said that he was working closely with Baba Ramdev, who, he said, was doing a good job by moving around in the country with his anti-corruption campaign.
The Janata Party president said that a 15-page document had been given to CBI in connection with the black money parked in foreign banks.
"We will also move the criminal court, to seek letter of rogatory (to get assistance from foreign agencies) to investigate these accounts," he said.
Swamy also said that names of a few politicians who hold accounts abroad had been given to CBI. "We don't have their account numbers," he said. If CBI did not file FIR by January 1, Swamy said, he would move the Supreme Court.
Ready to Join Anna, But His Team Unwilling: Swamy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Police Lodged FIR Against Hawkers, Shopkeepers In Nizamuddin, But Ignored Markaz Masjid Gathering
- India Reports 328 New Coronavirus Cases, 12 Deaths In Last 24 Hours: Health Ministry
- Opting For 3 Month Moratorium On Repayment Of Term Loans? Get Ready To Pay More
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack: Bringing Back Sikhs Could Damage Indo-Afghan Ties
- Pandemics Down The Ages: Starting From Typhoid In Ancient Greece To Covid-19
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Truckloads Of Pineapples Rot Outside Many States As Demand Nosedives
- Domicile Law Triggers More Worries In J&K Amid Coronavirus Crisis
- Around 9,000 Tablighi Jamaat Members, Their Contacts Quarantined: MHA
- PM Modi To Share Video Message With People At 9 AM Friday
- Can India Feed Itself During Lockdown? Consumer Affairs Secy Answers
- COVID-19: Gambhir Vows To Contribute Two Years' Salary To PM CARES Fund
- Challenging Task Of Tracking 'Missing' Tablighi Jamaat Returnees In TN
- Virat Kohli Reveals Lowest Point Of His Career In Tell-All Interview