Former Prime Minister P V Narasimha Rao was neither worshipping nor asleep at the time of demolition of the Babri mosque in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992, a former IPS official Kishore Kunal said today.
Contrary to the claims of veteran journalist Kuldeep Nayar in his soon-to-be published book 'Beyond The Lines',
Kunal, who was the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to the Union Home Ministry on the Ayodhya issue, said, "the factual position is that Rao was neither worshipping nor sleeping at the time of demolition of the Babri Mosque on the fateful day."
He said, "the factual position is Rao was not only awake, but received all calls from the then Union Home Secretary Madhav Godbole who informed him almost every half an hour after 12:30 pm on that day about gradual demolition of the mosque."
Godbole not only gave information to Rao, but also put it on record by making entries in the log book of the Ministry of Home Affairs, he said.
"It is a part of the Ayodhya records and mentioned by Godbole in his published book 'An Unfinished Innings," the former IPS officer said.
"It can be confirmed from Godbole who is still alive," he said.
Kunal said "Nayar should not have based his conclusion on the basis of hearsay, but on the statements of the persons concerned or which can be made easily available in the era of Right to Information Act."
'Rao Was Not Worshipping During Babri Demolition'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Nobel Prize In Medicine Awarded To Scientists For Hepatitis C Virus Discovery
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- RCB Vs DC: Battle Of Equals In Dubai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir’s Pampore
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- Delhi Riots: Umar Khalid Sent To 14 Days Judicial Custody
- IAF Well Positioned To Deal With Any Threat: Air Chief RKS Bhadauria
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Hathras Case: Protests Staged At Times Square
- EPL Champions Liverpool Concede Seven Goals For First Time In 57 Years