Opener Naman Ojha scored an unbeaten ton as Madhya Pradesh registered a nine-wicket victory against Andhra Pradesh in the Plate division semi-final match to book a berth in the Ranji Trophy quarter-finals along with an elite division berth at the Holkar stadium here today.
The hosts chased the down the target of 203 in 40.2 overs, with Ojha not out on 102 (114b, 4x11, 6x3) and Mohnish Mishra unbeaten on a quickfire 75 (83b, 4x14).
The duo added an undefeated 154 runs for the second wicket after opener Jalaj Saxena was removed by D Suryakumar for 22.
Earlier, resuming at an overnight score of 284/9, Andhra Pradesh, who were trailing by 11-runs in the first innings, were bowled out for 313.
B Suman, who began the day at an overnight score of 84, completed his century and remained unbeaten on 108 (130b, 4x10, 6x4).
For MP, Anand Rajan was the most successful bolwer with figures of 4-76, while T Sudheendra took three wickets while conceding 100 runs.
The hosts will now face Karnataka in the quarters at the same venue from December 24-27.
Ranji Trophy; MP Defeats Andhra by 9 Wickets
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Lalu Yadav Will Not Be Able To Campaign In Bihar Polls Despite Getting Bail
- RR Vs DC: Rajasthan Bowl Against Rajasthan
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Bhima Koregaon Case: NIA Files Charge-Sheet Against Eight People
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Indra Nooyi Listed As Member In Prince William’s Earth Prize Council
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Rajasthan: 50-Year-Old Priest Set Ablaze After Dispute With Land Mafias
- India Test-Fires Its First Anti-Radiation Missile 'Rudram-1'
- OTT Platforms Are A Blessing: Actors Of ‘Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story’
- IPL 2020: Sehwag's 'Government Job' Comment Sums Up CSK's Worries
- ‘Journalism In Ladakh Is Growing’, Says New Head Of Ladakh's Press Club
- ISL: East Bengal Appoint Liverpool Legend Robbie Fowler As Head Coach