Sri Rama Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik, who stirred a controversy with an attack on pub goers in Mangalore by his activists, has been arrested again on charges of making inflamatory speeches during communal riots in Mysore and remanded to judicial custody till August 7.
Muthalik (46), who is out on bail in the January pub attack case, was arrested from Belgaum last night for allegedly making speeches hurting sentiments of a particular community during the Mysore communal clashes in the first week of June which left three persons dead.
He was produced before the second Additional Chief Metropolitan Court, which remanded him to judicial custody today.
The court also put off the hearing on the bail application moved by Muthalik to August 28 as the Public Prosecutor sought time to file his objections.
On June two, communal clashes broke out in Mysore over the alleged defiling of a madrassa.
The Chief of the right-wing outfit was in the news following an attack on boys and girls in a Mangalore pub and an anti-Valentine's Day campaign by his activists.
Muthalik was first arrested by the Belgaum police on January 27 in connection with a case for distributing pamphlets with provocative slogans in Davanagere on January 4.
After he was granted bail in the case, a police team from Manglore re-arrested Muthalik on January 28 in connection with the pub attack.
Later in the day, a delegation of Sene men called on Belgaum District Deputy Commissioner J Ravi Shankar and submitted a memorandum, condemning Muthalik's arrest.
Meanwhile, the city police arrested Fayaz, a resident of Udayagiri locality, for allegedly distributing pamphlets with inflammatory contents.
Ram Sene Chief Muthalik Held for Mysore Violence
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Prasad Yadav Granted Bail In Fodder Scam Case, But To Remain In Jail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%, Says Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Piyush Goyal Gets Additional Charge After Paswan's Death
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- 'BJP To Rule For 30-Years, If People Hang Vivekananda's Picture:' Biplab
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA