The resignation of former Rajasthan chief minister and BJP leader Vasundhara Raje from the post of Leader of Opposition in Rajasthan assembly has been accepted, ending nearly five months of defiance of the party leadership by her.
The acceptance of her resignation was announced by Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat in the House today after the Question Hour.
The state BJP had said on Tuesday that Deputy Leader of the party in Assembly, G S Tiwari, will handle the charge on temporary basis. However, there was no mention of Tiwari's name when the Speaker announced the decision.
Raje had defied party leadership for nearly five months and had claimed the support of more than 50 of the 78 BJP MLAs in Rajasthan. She resigned from the post on Monday.
There are indications that she will be accommodated at the party's central level.
Raje's Resignation from LOP Post Accepted
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Dalit Woman President Made To Sit On Floor During Official Meetings
- RCB Choke CSK After Kohli's Unbeaten 90
- CBI Takes Over Investigation Into Hathras Gang-Rape Case
- '100 Per Cent Victory For BJP In Bengal Polls': Kailash Vijayvargia
- She, The Dalit: Conspiracy Of Silence And Selective Coverage Of Rapes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- French Open Final: Teen Swiatek Thrashes Kenin To Create History
- ‘My Petition Against Hate Speech Will Have A Wider Impact’: Brinda Karat
- Left With 2 Days' Coal, Punjab Stares At Severe Power Outages
- Rajasthan: Priest's Family Ends Protest, Performs Last Rites
- Stubble Burning, Pollution, And Politics
- Office Of Odisha BJP MP Sealed After Birthday Bash
- North Korea Unveils New Ballistic Missile, Weapons At Military Parade
- ‘Time To Accept That Talks With China Won’t Help’: US NSA On Ladakh