Former Telecom Minister A Raja was today remanded to two more days of CBI custody by a court here for further interrogation after the agency submitted that he was not divulging any "useful information" regarding his role in the 2G scam.
Special Judge O P Saini also sent former Telecom Secretary Siddartha Behura and Raja's former Personal Secretary R K Chandolia to Tihar Jail under judicial custody as the agency said it no longer needs them in its custody.
Raja will remain in CBI custody till February 10.
The trio, arrested by the agency on February 2 for their alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, involving a loss of Rs 22,000 crore to the public exchequer as per the CVC estimates, were produced before the Special Judge following expiry of their five-day custody with the CBI.
After producing the trio before the court, the CBI sought four more days of custody to interrogate Raja saying that he was "not divulging any useful and crucial information" about his role in 2G spectrum scam.
"Some more documents are to be recovered and accused A Raja is to be confronted with them," senior CBI prosecutor Akhilesh submitted.
Refuting allegations by Raja's counsel Ramesh Gupta that the agency had not disclosed to the court the outcome of the probe conducted so far in this case, Akhilesh said, "the case diary has already been submitted to the court. Each and everything cannot be disclosed in the open courtroom."
Opposing CBI's demand for four more days of Raja's custody, Gupta said, "I am not having the custody of any document, which the CBI wants to recover from me."
"Whatever documents were there, they have already been seized by them in 2009 itself," he added.
About Behura and Chandolia, the CBI counsel said the agency no longer needs their custody. "The two can be sent to Tihar Jail under judicial custody," he said.
Raja Remanded to CBI Custody for 2 More Days
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Despite Low Key Dussehra, Kullu Deity Pledges Protection
- Stokes, Samson Stand Seals Win For Rajasthan
- Media Trials Posed Threat To My Life: Maskoor Usmani
- ‘India Will Be Cleaner, Cleaner And Cleaner Year After Year’
- Can Atmanirbhar Alone Help Us Deal With The Chinese?
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Stokes Dedicates Ton To Ailing Father
- Let's Pledge To Make This A Dusshheraa With A Twist
- LFW Presents First-Ever Digital Collections
- Startup Army Is Airborne
- Know Your Favourite YouTuber CarryMinati Like Never Before
- Spain Declares Nationwide Curfew Over Covid Scare
- Mike Pompeo, Mark Esper Likely To Push Trump's Anti-China Message In India
- Hamilton Makes History In Portugal With Record-Breaking 92nd Win