Asking Rahul Gandhi not to give "sermons" but to persuade the Prime Minister to bring changes in the Lokpal bill, the BJP today slammed his speech in Parliament saying it closes the way for ending Anna Hazare's fast.
"We don't want Rahul's sermons. It is surprising that he is
giving sermons to the nation but his party under Manmohan Singh is
dill-dallying on a strong Lokpal issue. We urge him stop sermonising and
persuade Prime Minister to bring changes in the Lokpal Bill," senior
BJP leader Ananth Kumar said.
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha
Arun Jaitley was equally dismissive of Gandhi's speech in which he
proposed making Lokpal a constitutional body like the Election
"When you have no solution to offer you talk of systemic changes?" Jaitley said.
His counterpart in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said, Gandhi's speech "closes the way for ending Anna's fast."
also made clear her displeasure at Speaker Meira Kumar giving 15
minutes to Gandhi to give his "sermon" in the House when he was not
scheduled to speak today.
Some BJP leaders said that the speech
reflected that Gandhi differs with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the
Lokpal issue and Hazare's fast.
While Singh had been full of
praise for Hazare in his speech yesterday and this led to the Lok Sabha
passing an unanimous resolution requesting the Gandhian to end his fast,
Gandhi made no such gesture and even questioned such methods of
Rahul Should Stop Sermonising: BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chidambaram's Custodial Quizzing Necessary, CBI Tells Court, Seeks 5-Day Custody
- 'Broad Daylight Murder Of Law, Democracy': Cong Lashes Out At Govt Over Chidambaram's Arrest
- OPINION | 'Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave'
- MP CM Kamal Nath's Nephew Ratul Puri Moves Court To Surrender In AgustaWestland Case
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media Case: 20 Questions CBI Asked P Chidambaram
- Etawah 'Ragging' Case: Police, VC Deny Medical Students Were Forced To Shave Heads
- March To Delhi Temple Demolition Site Was 'Personal Decision': Dalit Body
- NDA Candidate Against Rahul Gandhi In Wayanad Arrested In UAE
- WATCH: Guns Fail To Fire Shots During Ex-Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra's State Honours Ceremony
- Oppn Protests At Jantar Mantar, Demands Release Of Detained J&K Leaders
- Kohli Hints At Four-Bowler Strategy Vs WI
- Live, 1st Test, Day 1: SL Win Toss, Opt To Bat First Vs NZ