Slamming Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Digvijay Singh for their statements on Hindu radicals, former BJP leader Uma Bharti today said she has prayed for some sense and wisdom for the two leaders at the temples here.
"A Hindu is never an extremist. It would be better if Rahul stops acting on the directives of Digvijay Singh or else he would also attract the same kind of disgrace. I have prayed for a little sense and wisdom for both," Bharti told reporters.
She alleged that Gandhi was "taking notes" from Digvijay Singh who was teaching the young Gandhi to make statements against RSS to garner support of Muslims for their vote.
Criticising Gandhi for drawing a comparison between RSS and SIMI, the former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister advised him to take notes from her and read historical facts about RSS.
"It seems that Rahul Gandhi is not in the habit of reading therefore he seems to have not much knowledge. He can take notes from me," she said, adding that his comments do not appear to be his own creation.
Bharti also alleged that Singh was fond of issuing irresponsible statements and said Gandhi should read Bhagwat Gita and Ramayan.
To a question on the recent verdict of the Allahabad High Court, Bharti said the judgement gave legal recognition to the birth place of Ram and she has reiterated her resolve to work for the construction of a grand Ram temple on the directives of VHP and Ram Janmbhoomi Nyas.
Bharti alleged that the Congress has links with all terrorist organisations ranging from Bhindranwale to LTTE.
Refusing to comment on her rejoining BJP, she described reports that she might lead the party in Uttar Pradesh as "the biggest joke of 2010".
'Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Taking Notes from Digvijay'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly