Pakistan singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, who was detained by the DRI with USD 1.24 lakh undeclared currency, has left the country after paying a fine of Rs.15 lakh.
Official sources said Khan left by an Emirates flight to Lahore via Dubai yesterday evening.
Khan and his manager Maroof had on Monday paid Rs 15 lakh each by way of penalty slapped on them in connection with the huge amount of undeclared foreign currency recovered from them.
Khan had collected his passport from the office of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence yesterday morning.
The duo were to board a Dubai flight on February 13 when DRI sleuths detained them at Indira Gandhi International Airport here with the foreign currency.
After completing its probe, the DRI has charged them with violating provisions of the FEMA and Customs Act and sent the matter for adjudication to Customs, they said.
The Customs department later imposed a penalty of Rs 15 lakh on each of them.
The investigations against event manager Chitresh Shrivastava and two foreign exchange dealers of Mumbai, would continue, the sources said.
As per rules, no one can carry beyond USD 5,000 in cash and USD 5,000 in other instruments. A person has to declare the amount if he is carrying more than this to the Customs Department.
Rahat Leaves India After Paying Rs 15 Lakh Fine
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- Natasha Narwal Granted Interim Bail After Father Dies Of Covid-19
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham