Former Union Minister of state for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor today said his wife Sunanda Pushkar had no connection with the Kochi IPL team after she returned her stakes in the Rendezvous Sports World Consortium (RSW) a few months back.
Talking to reporters here, Tharoor said his wife had returned all the shares he had with the Consortium. "She was in the promotional group initially. But after a controversy broke out, she returned all her shares," Tharoor said.
Tharoor said he wanted to help the Consortium overcome the current problems resulting from differences between share holders to ensure that the state did not lose the IPL team allotted to it.
"What we should is to ensure that 11 cricketers are playing for Kochi IPL team next season. Everyone should be prepared for compromises. Though I do not have personal involvement in the Consortium, I am ready to help and have talked with some owners in the group over phone," he said.
Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) had yesterday decided to hold talks with owners of the Kochi IPL franchisee on October 7 at Kochi to solve the problems in the Consortium which won the bid for the team for Rs 1,530 crore.
The KCA decision was in the backdrop of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) issuing a show cause notice to the Kochi franchisee directing them to register their joint venture under the Companies Act within 10 days or face action.
'Pushkar No Longer Has Shares In Kochi IPL Franchisee'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine