Former Punjab finance minister Manpreet Singh Badal has received a setback after one of his key leaders quit his party to return to BJP.
The entry of Sukhdev Singh Chahal in People's Party of Punjab (PPP) four months back was seen as an achievement for Chahal was the sitting municipal councillor here.
The development took place last evening when local MP Navjot Singh Sidhu and other BJP members met Chahal at his residence to bring him back in the party fold.
Chahal without indulging in any arguments announced his return to BJP in the presence of the party leaders.
Political observers said Chahal was seeing a bleak future as Manpreet had expressed his inability to give him the Khadoor Sahib (Chahal's home town) seat since he had already promised it to someone.
Manpreet received another jolt when his uncle and chief minister Parkash Singh Badal publicly announced that SAD MLA Manjinder Singh Kang was very much with the party.
Things became clear when Badal during his recent visit in the city spent one hour at Kang's residence.
Punjab FM's Key Leader Quits Party to Join BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Soaring Bus Fares Exacerbate Distress Of Migrant Workers Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Confirm Case Count In India Mounts To 918, Death Toll Reaches 21
- What India Has Now Is A Clone Emergency: Just Ask The Police
- Ramayan A Wholesome Treat For Soul, Shouldn't Be Viewed From Political Angle: Deepika Chikhalia
- Why IND's Hockey Coach Reid Thinks COVID-19 A Blessing In Disguise
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Coronavirus: UP To Release 11,000 Prisoners On Parole To Decongest Jails
- 'Trying Three Existing Drugs To Treat COVID-19': IICT
- No House Rent From Migrant Labourers, Workers For One Month: Noida Admin
- 'Response To Coronavirus Was Pre-emptive': Govt Brushes Aside Criticism
- 'They Pelted Stones To Attack': Police Blank Fire In Assam To Close Market
- Lockdown: 'Money Will Last 2-3 Days. God Knows What Happens After That'
- CONFIRMED! Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots
- COVID-19: Ongoing Break A 'Welcome Rest' For Indian Cricketers: Shastri