Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today accused the newly appointed Punjab Congress President Partap Singh Bajwa of "stooping too low" by launching a malicious campaign against the SAD-BJP government just to gain "cheap popularity in the media".
Badal asked Bajwa to shun tirade against the alliance government and termed it as "canard aimed at tarnishing the sanguine image of the
SAD-BJP government, which has the mandate of people and had came to power consecutively for second time on the sole plank of development."
He, however, said that the "mounting frustration" amongst the senior Congress leadership in Punjab was evident from the fact that they have been discarded by the people time and again.
"I had never expected Bajwa to behave in such a childish manner as he despite knowing everything has shut his eyes and was issuing half baked statements without verifying the facts," Badal told reporters here.
The Chief Minister said that rather than resorting to mudslinging against the state government, the Congress party must behave in a responsible manner and refrain from issuing baseless statements against them.
Refuting the allegations of PPCC chief made yesterday at a press conference at Chandigarh regarding the politicisation of the state police force, Badal said that this charge was totally unsubstantiated as the police was working totally in accordance with the law of the land.
He said that all the officers were being appointed in the state on the basis of their merit and seniority with a sole aim to deliver efficient services to the people of the state.
Badal said that they had not conducted any new recruitment of the police officers and most of the top brass was the same, who were holding on key posts during the Congress regime from 2002-2007.
Replying to another query, the Chief Minister held the ill-conceived policies of the Union government responsible for the poor economic conditions of the state.
Punjab Cong Chief for Stooping Too Low: Badal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- INX Media Case: Ex-Finance Minister P Chidambaram Sent To Tihar Jail Till Sept 19
- ‘I Am Only Worried About Economy’: Chidambaram Before Being Taken To Tihar Jail
- Spectacles, Medicine, Western Toilet...: Things Chidambaram Requested For In Tihar
- There Is A Quiet Sense Of Triumphalism Among BJP Cadre Over Abrogation Of Article 370
- 2022 World Cup Qualifier: Sunil Chhetri Strike Goes In Vain As India Lose To Oman
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- 'Not Fit Case': SC Refuses Pre-Arrest Bail To P Chidambaram In INX Media Case
- 'Have Done Everything Humanly Possible For Success,' Says ISRO Chief On Chandrayaan-2 Moon Landing
- IndiGo Passengers 'Forced' To Sit In Plane Overnight In Mumbai, DGCA To Probe
- Swimming Coach In Goa Faces Rape Charges, Sports Minister Promises Action
- 'Had An Aircel SIM Though', Smiles Karti Chidambaram After Bail In Aircel-Maxis Case
- Ashes 4th Test, Day 2 Stumps: On Smith's Day, ENG Trail AUS By 474
- Who Were The Indus Valley People? Long-Awaited Research Paper To Be Out Today
- One-Off Test, Day 1: Shah Makes Historic As AFG Dominate BAN