Following the charge sheet filed against former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh scam, the Opposition BJP today said there is also a need for probing the role of other "senior Congress leaders".
"Although the CBI was late in filing the charge sheet (against Chavan), but now the investigation should also be done in the role played by others (bureaucrats and ministers) in clearing the Adarsh society files," Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse told
Without naming former Chief Ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Vilasrao
Deshmukh, who are also under the scanner in the case, Khadse said there are "other senior leaders" also who gave the nod for the Adarsh society project and their signatures are there on the files.
"All those who have handled the file and gave permission (for the Adarsh society) should be probed," he said.
Probe Role of Other Bureaucrats in Adarsh Scam: BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Experts Recommend Covaxin For Phase 2/3 Trials On 2-8-Year-Olds
- Bihar: 71 Corpses Recovered From Ganga
- Compensation For Death Of Polling Officers Due To Covid Must Be Rs 1 Crore: Allahabad HC
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- 32-Year-Old Garbage Collector Who Skipped Jab, Dies Of Covid In Shimla
- What Is Mucormycosis?
- AMU Doctor Dies Of Covid, Toll Of Staff Succumbing To Virus Rises To 35
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Assam Gets Its First Woman Finance Minister As Sarma Distributes Portfolios
- Why Team India Will Take Covishield?
- Sania Mirza's Fight With Depression