Uttarakhand police today launched a probe against three cops who allegedly took former UP Minister Amarmani Tripathi, serving life term in Madhumita Shukla murder case, in an AC coach for a court hearing and partied with his supporters during the journey.
Tripathi, who is serving his sentence in Roshnabad jail of Haridwar, was reportedly taken in an AC Coach to Gorakhpur for a court hearing last week in violation of jail rules, SSP Haridwar Pushakar Singh Sailal said.
Convicts are only allowed to travel in the sleeper class, he said.
"We have sought a detailed report regarding the role of some policemen in giving special treatment to Tripathi," said Salal, adding he is likely to receive the report three days.
The probe would also look into the reports that the three police guards, who were accompanying Tripathi, partied with the former minister's supporters in the train.
Probe Ordered into 'Special Treatment' to Amarmani
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB