Ahead of the cabinet reshuffle, the resignation of seven ministers, including S M Krishna, Ambika Soni, Mukul Wasnik, has been accepted.
The President, as advised by the Prime Minister, has accepted the resignations of the seven members of the Union Council of Ministers with immediate effect, a Rashtrapati Bhawan release said.
While Soni, Wasnik and Subodh Kant Sahai resigned as Cabinet ministers and Mahadeve Singh Khandela as Minister of State in the morning, Ministers of State Agatha Sangma and Vincent Pala resigned in the evening. Krishna had resigned as Minister of External Affairs yesterday.
Agatha had to resign on the party's directives after she campaigned for her father P A Sangma during the Presidential election in July, which he contested in defiance of NCP. Like Agatha, Pala also belongs to Meghalaya. However, he is a Congress MP.
Prez Accepts Resignations of Seven Ministers
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- MI Vs SRH LIVE: Boult Gets Bairstow; Hyderabad 42/1 (5)
- 'Be Back Soon,' 'Next Few Days Are Real Test': Trump
- UP CM Orders CBI Probe; Rahul, Priyanka Meet Hathras Victim's Family
- Bihar Assembly Elections 2020: BJP, JD(U) Reach Seat-Sharing Agreement
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Rahul Gandhi’s Tractor Rally Against Farm Laws
- When The Impact Players Misfire
- Another Mahagathbandhan Ally Quits At Patna Press Conference
- Durga Puja During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nirbhaya's Mother's Exclusive Take On Hathras Rape Case
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Teen Swiatek Blows Away Halep To Reach Last Eight