Seamer Praveen Kumar has been ruled out of the first one-day international against New Zealand due to fever.
Ashish Nehra has been picked as the Uttar Pradesh cricketer's replacement for the match scheduled to be held in Guwahati on November 28.
"Praveen Kumar will miss the 1st ODI against New Zealand to be played at Guwahati on 28th November 2010, due to fever.
The All India Sr. Selection committee has chosen Ashish Nehra as his replacement for the 1st ODI. Nehra was picked after he passed the fitness test," stated a BCCI release.
Nehra was part of the ODI team for the series against Australia last month and also figured in the only completed match, but was ignored by the selection committee for the series against the Kiwis as he didn't submit his fitness certificate.
Praveen Ruled Out of First ODI, Nehra Comes In
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth 'Inconvenient To Cowards': Priyanka Gandhi Backs Chidambaram
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- '... Await The Mentioned Hearing': Chidambaram's Lawyer Tells CBI After Moving SC
- Ahead Of DU's Student Union Polls, ABVP Amid Criticism Installs Savarkar's Statue Outside Campus
- 63 Dead This Monsoon Season In Rain-Ravaged Himachal Pradesh
- Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Hafiz Saeed Challenges His Arrest In Pakistan Court
- Pakistan Says Will Approach ICJ Over India's Move On Kashmir
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- Competition In Test Cricket Has Increased: Kohli
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS