India have been dealt a blow ahead of next month's tough tour of Australia with pacer Praveen Kumar today ruled out of the Tests there besides the entire ongoing ODI series agaist the West Indies due to a fractured rib.
What was yesterday described as "a blunt chest on the left side", which ruled him out of the first three ODIs of the ongoing series against the West Indies, was today declared a fractured rib by the BCCI needing over a month's recovery time.
"Praveen Kumar underwent a scan yesterday (28 Nov 2011) evening, and was found to have a fractured rib, as per the report that came through today," the BCCI said in a statement.
"He is expected to recover in 5-6 weeks and has therefore been ruled out of the ODI series against the West Indies, as well as the Test series in Australia that follows," it added.
While Abhimanyu Mithun has replaced for the ongoing ODIs against the West Indies, Praveen's replacement for the four Tests against Australia, starting December 26, will be announced on Monday next.
"His replacement for the Australia tour will be named on 5 December 2011, when the selectors meet in Ahmedabad to pick the Indian team for the last two ODIs against the West Indies," the BCCI said.
Praveen suffered some pain after the Twenty20 match against England on October 29 and requested for a two-week break.
He then played the Ranji Trophy match for Uttar Pradesh against Saurashtra in Meerut where he aggravated the problem.
Praveen Kumar Ruled Out of Australia Tour
THE LATEST ISSUE
- LJP Leader Ram Vilas Paswan Passes Away At The Age Of 74
- SRH Vs KXIP: Pooran Hits Season's Fastest Fifty
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Development of Ladakh troubles China: Anurag Thakur
- Hathras Case: Accused Claims Victim's Family Was 'Against Our Friendship'
- American Poet Louise Glück Wins Nobel Literature Prize
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- UP Police Violated SC Guidelines: Kerala Journalists Union
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- IPL 2020: Why Gayle Missed Out On Playing His First Match For KXIP