Filmmaker Raj Kumar Santoshi today said his latest star studded film Power is contemporary issue based film and is slated for release in August next year.
Talking to reporters after the mahurat shot, featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn, Santoshi said the film, produced by Feroz Nadiadwala, will go on floor from October 4 in Mumbai.
"After the first schedule here, we move to outdoors like Bhopal, Muscat and Dubai," he said adding that he was thankful to his stars for reposing faith in him.
"I want to assure them that I will try my best to make a good film," he said.
About the female leads, Santoshi said Lekha Washington is paired opposite Ajay Devgn while Ameesha Patel will play Sanjay Dutt's wife. Anuradha Patel will be seen opposite Amitabh Bachchan.
"Lekha plays the character of Sneha, Bachchan's daughter," Santoshi said refusing to divulge details of the film's story.
He said he is in talks with Kangana Ranaut to play another character in the movie. "The male lead opposite Kangana will be finalised within a week's time," Santoshi added.
Union Minister of IT and Telecommunications Gurudas Kamat, who is also the local MP, gave the mahurat clap while filmmaker Prakash Jha rolled the camera.
The mahurat shot had Dutt and Devgn addressing the Big B as captain and speaking about the power of anger, pain and truth to avenge the injustice to Sneha, Bachchan's daughter by Balraj (Anil Kapoor).
While Anil says he had the power of money and lies that he rules the world and nobody could harm him.
Later, Santoshi said working with Bachchan is no less than winning a national award.
Anil Kapoor said it was a dream come true to him to be sharing the same frame as Bachchan. Speaking about Sanjay Dutt, Anil said he wanted to work in Rocky, Sanjay's debut film as one of his friends.
"I was not successful in bagging the role of his reel life friend. But, I can confidently say that Sanjay is one of my closest friend in real life," he added.
Anil said he was working with Ajay for the first time. "But, I have an emotional relationship with him. I owe a lot to his father Veeru Devgn for being a pillar of support in my career. Veeruji is the greatest technician of our industry and it is because of his blessings that Ajay is a successful man today," he said.
'Power' is Contemporary Issue Based Film: Santoshi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In Tamil Nadu Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham