Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal today said CBI has honest and efficient officers but alleged their political bosses do not allow them to work freely.
"There are honest and efficient officers in CBI but their political bosses do not allow them to work freely. The agency influenced by political people cannot deliver goods", he told a public meeting here.
Kejriwal said the reason behind unusual price rise is corruption in the country.
Under the present laws, he alleged, corrupt leaders have ample scope to escape and that is why "we are pressing for a strong Jan Lokpal. The political parties are not serious to curb corruption. We shall start indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar from July 25, he said."
Politicians Don't Let Honest CBI Officers Work: Kejriwal
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases In India Soar to 519; Death Toll Reaches 10
- Tokyo Olympics Postponed Until 2021
- Coronavirus: India Exercised Social Distancing Well, But Are We Prepared For Next Stage?
- Centre Announces Economic Relief Measures Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- China To Lift Lockdown In Coronavirus Epicentre Hubei Province Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- 'Release All Detainees, Restore 4G': Omar 's First Word After Detention
- Economists, Activists Urge Govt For Coronavirus Relief Package For Poor
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Know Your Essential Services
- After Coronavirus, Man Dies Of Hantavirus In China: Report
- First Violence, Now Coronavirus, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Humour And Solitary Walks: Mental Health Advisory In Kashmir To Fight Corona Crisis
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- Will IPL Happen? Ganguly Doesn't Have An Answer