RSS leader Indresh Kumar, named by the National Investigation Agency in the Mecca Masjid blasts case, today dubbed the move as a "political conspiracy" which will "hurt" democracy in the country.
The RSS National Executive member, who was here to attend the book launch of a Sangh pracharak where senior BJP leader L K Advani was also present, told reporters that people should not believe in the NIA's action.
"It is a political conspiracy. Don't believe in it as it will hurt democracy in the country," he said.
The NIA charge sheet filed against Swami Aseemanand also names Indresh Kumar for financing the criminal conspiracy in the Mecca Masjid blasts.
According to the charge sheet, Aseemanand and Indresh gave money to Sunil Joshi - who visited several places across the country including West Bengal, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh - to form teams to carry out the "objective of the conspiracy".
The accused procured 11 SIM cards and one of them was used in triggering the cell phone blast here. These SIM cards were brought from Jharkhand, while four cell phones were bought in Faridabad and Delhi, it said.
At the function, Advani recalled his association with RSS and said Sangh always believed in preparing "extraordinary men" who never worked for personal fame.
"Your work should achieve fame and not you," he said.
The BJP veteran said writing a book on Madhav Rao Mule was like writing the history of RSS when the organization was in its formative years.
Political Conspiracy Against Me: Indresh Kumar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Brutal From Faf, Watson; Need 11 Off 18
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Bihar Elections: 47 Open Grounds, 19 Halls For Public Rallies
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris