Describing the situation in Kashmir as "worst-ever", the BJP today said the Prime Minister must take all necessary measures, including deployment of army, to safeguard minorities in the Valley.
"Already Kashmiri Pandits have been forced to leave the Valley and now threats are being issued to minority Sikhs in Kashmir," BJP Vice-President Vinay Katiyar said, adding the Prime Minister "should ensure the safety of Sikhs in the Valley or else resign".
The government must take all measures, including deployment of Army in Kashmir, to safeguard minorities and deal with the secessionist and anti-national elements, he told reporters after addressing activists of state unit at a function in connection with "Kashmir Bachao Day" being observed by the party here.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is putting Home Minister P Chidambaram in front to deal with the affairs of J&K... But the Prime Minister must deal with it himself," Katiyar said.
Referring to reported threats to the Sikh community in Kashmir Valley, the BJP leader said that Sikhs must stay back and fight for their rights.
"We will build pressure on the government for deployment of Army, if the situation warrants," he said.
Katiyar said that the BJP will continue its fight to "not only be to fully integrate Kashmir with the country, but also to fight for bringing back Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK)".
Addressing the party workers, Katiyar criticised opening of border routes and alleged that it had helped terrorists and anti-social elements.
Accusing the state government of not taking firm action against stone pelters, Katiyar said "instead the administration was formulating plans for giving them jobs".
Pradesh BJP President Shamsher Singh Manhas and BJP Legislator party Leader Chaman Lal Gupta also addressed the party workers.
'PM Should Ensure Safety of Minorities in Kashmir or Resign'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test: Rahane, Bumrah Star As India Hammer West Indies By 318 Runs
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- 3rd Test: Ashes On Fire As ENG Level Series
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India