With a major earthquake rocking mountaneous state of Sikkim, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today spoke to its chief minister Pawan Kumar Chamling and offered help in all possible ways, including availability of defence forces.
The Prime Minister directed Cabinet Secretary to call an emergency meeting of the National Disaster Management Authority, PMO sources said.
The Prime Minister spoke to the Chief Minister soon after an earthquake of 6.8 intensity hit the state, causing extensive damage in the state.
During the conversation with the CM, the Prime Minister offered all possible help, including making available defence forces for rescue and relief operations.
PM Offers Help to Sikkim CM for Earthquake Relief
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Bihar: 71 Corpses Recovered From Ganga
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- 32-Year-Old Garbage Collector Who Skipped Jab, Dies Of Covid In Shimla
- What Is Mucormycosis?
- AMU Doctor Dies Of Covid, Toll Of Staff Succumbing To Virus Rises To 35
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Assam Gets Its First Woman Finance Minister As Sarma Distributes Portfolios
- Why Team India Will Take Covishield?
- Sania Mirza's Fight With Depression