Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today asked the ex-servicemen to play an active role in the development of the state as well as the country.
At a function in Srinagar town in Pauri district, Khanduri said ex-servicemen can contribute to the country's development even after their retirement due to their disciplined lifestyle and spirit of sacrifice for the nation, an official release said.
Uttarakhand provides highest annuity and one-time grant in the country to the gallantry award winners, he said, adding a representative on an honorarium of Rs 4,000 has been appointed in every block of the state to resolve the problems of the soldiers.
The Chief Minister also gave financial assistance of Rs 30,000 and Rs 25,000 to two ex-servicemen's wives for the marriage of their daughters and Rs 5,000 each to 16 others.
Commandant of Garhwal Rifles Regimental Centre Brigadier Sarad Chandra thanked the Chief Minister for giving 22 bighas of land and financial assistance of Rs 50 lakh for construction of Warrior Girls and Wives Hostel.
Play Role in Development: Khanduri to Ex-Servicemen
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths