CBI today filed a mammoth 45,000-page charge sheet against Hiranandani Group Directors, Niranjan and Surendra Hiranandani, in connection with an alleged Rs 9 crore provident fund scam.
Charge sheet has also been filed against 24 others including two former Commissioners and Assistant Commissioners of Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and other officials from group.
According to the Anti Corruption Bureau of CBI, which had lodged an FIR on March 29, 2008, Hiranandani Group had not deposited the provident fund of their employees between the year 2003 and 2006.
The alleged non-payment, as per a report filed by the EPFO in its departmental enquiry, was to the tune of Rs 9.39 crore.
"Niranjan and Surendra had conspired with officials from EPFO and prepared bogus details of PF contributions of five companies. Such contributions were never paid and the Hiranandani Group was allowed to get undue benefit," CBI DIG Praveen Salunkhe said.
The Hiranandani Group was required to deposit Rs 9.39 crore to the EPFO, but it deposited only Rs two lakh, Salunkhe said.
The charge sheet includes voluminous documents seized from the offices of Hiranandani, EPFO as also from offices of the 18 contractors of the group.
It also includes the statement of over 140 witnesses.
All the 26 accused have been charged with conspiracy, fraud and cheating under the Indian Penal Code and under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
CBI had on August 4 this year issued look out notices against Niranjan and Surendra to all the airports after they failed to appear before the agency for questioning.
The duo then approached the court seeking anticipatory bail, which was granted.
PF Scam: CBI Files Chargesheet Against Hiranandanis
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly