Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy today said people have lost faith in the Rangasamy led AINRC government as none of the poll promises made last year had been implemented.
Speaking to reporters after visiting an employee of PASIC at the government hospital where he is being treated for burns after he attempted suicide at his house yesterday, he said the man had taken the step as the company had not disbursed salaires to him and other workers for the last 10 months.
`Poverty stricken employees in PASIC and in other undertakings are in despair. This suicide attempt was the third in recent months by employees', Narayanasamy said.
Though Rangasamy had promised a few months back that 4000 retrenched employees would be reinstated and arrears would be disbursed to them, nothing had been done so far, he said, adding people have lost faith in the government.
"If Rangasamy does not rectify the situation he and his ministry should quit office", Narayanasamy said.
'People Have Lost Faith in Rangasamy Govt'
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Second Wave: India’s Oxygen Therapy Apparatus Imports Soar, Was Govt Clueless?
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Nurses Day: Long Hours, Low Salaries, No Social Recognition
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- Column| Vaccine Patent Waiver: Responsible Play, Go With India
- At Least 25 Covid Patients Escape From Health Centre In Tripura
- Bharat Biotech Says Can’t Give More Covaxin Doses to Delhi: Sisodia
- India Records 4,205 Covid Deaths In A Single Day, 3.48 Lakh New Cases
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- Can Thakur Fill In For Pandya - India Bowling Coach Has His Say
- COVID Crisis: I’ve Stopped Watching, Reading News - Neeraj Chopra