Parliament Monsoon Session: Lok Sabha Adjourned For The Day After Obituaries
The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day on Monday after giving obituary to former members and victims of the Amarnath terror attack.
The dastardly Amarnath terror attack was strongly condemned by the Lok Sabha MPs.
The Monsoon Session of the Parliament, which began from today, will continue till August 11.
The Opposition is likely to raise the issue of China, Jammu and Kashmir and Darjeeling unrest, impact of Goods and Service Tax (GST) and other issues.
Apart from this the Centre will also introduce 16 new bills in both the houses of the Parliament for consideration and passing.
Ahead of the Monsoon Session, Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday, while addressing the floor of leaders of parties of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha at the national capital, said that for preserving the institution of Democracy in India, it is important that all political parties support the Government to conduct business in both Houses of the Parliament without disruption and constructive discussion takes place on issues of national importance.
Prime Minister Modi further urged all parties to extend their support to the Government in fighting corruption and the issue of communal violence in the name of cow protection.
The Prime Minister also called on all the parties to support the war against corruption, which has been initiated by the government.
Meanwhile, the polling for the President election is underway at the Parliament and the various state Assemblies. (ANI)
- CAG Report Flags 'Critical' Shortage Of Ammunition
- Fake Chinese Spares for Home-Made Bofors Guns
- J&K: Seven Policemen Thrashed By Army Personnel In Ganderbal
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- US Designates Hizbul Head Salahuddin As Global Terrorist, India Welcomes Move
- Arab Nations Extend Deadline By 48 Hours For Qatar To Respond To Their Demands
- Chinese Army Denies Violating Bhutan's Territory, Asks India To 'Correct Its Wrong-Doings'
- 'Apka Swagat Hai Mere Dost,' Israeli PM Welcomes Modi