Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari has reconstituted a panel probing charges against Sikkim High Court Chief Justice P D Dinakaran following the Supreme Court directions to remove jurist P P Rao from the committee.
G Mohan Gopal has replaced Rao, a Rajya Sabha notification said here.
Gopal is Director of Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies at the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation.
The committee will continue to have Supreme Court judge Aftab Alam as chairman and Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court J S Khehar as one of the members.
Justice Dinakaran had questioned the unbiasedness of Rao in the apex court.
While asking Ansari to replace Rao with another jurist, the Supreme Court had made it clear that the nomination of another jurist will not hamper the proceedings of the committee and the reconstituted panel will proceed on the charges already framed against the High Court Chief Justice.
The inquiry proceedings against Justice Dinakaran started on January 16 last year by a committee headed by Justice V S Sirpurkar. Justice Alam headed the committee after Justice Sirpurkar recused in September, 2010.
Panel Probing Charges on Dinakaran Reconstituted
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB