Ahead of the Indo-Pak Home Secretary talks, Pakistan High Commissioner Shahid Malik today hoped that dialogue between the two countries on all issues, including Siachen and Sir Creek, will make progress.
"The talks are on. And it is going to take place again. I don't say there are problems. We are hopeful that talks will progress on all issues," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He was asked to comment on 'differences' between the two countries on Siachen and Sir Creek despite positive indications earlier.
Malik was in Parliament House to call on Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj ahead of completion of his tenure in Delhi.
To a poser on police publishing photographs of terrorists, who later turned out to be Pakistani traders and its possible impact on Home Secretary level talks, he said it will have have no impact.
"Pakistan is awaiting Home Secretary level talks. These are important talks. I don't think it will have any impact on the talks," he said.
Commenting on his experience in India, he said he had a good experience. "Relations have reached a level that I am leaving as a satisfied High Commissioner from here. As you are aware, the relations have improved between the two countries in every field," he said.
On cricketing ties between the two nations, he said recently, one of Pakistan's T-Twenty team has been invited for Champions' League. "...I hope that once a beginning is made, bilateral series (could begin). The cricket boards are discussing (the issue).
Pak Hopes Talks With India Will Progress on All Issues
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Modi Brought India To Its Knees: Mahua Moitra
- Israeli Airstrike Destroys Al-Jazeera Office In Gaza
- Which Covid Strain Causes Post-Vaccination Deaths?
- Himachal: Corona Curfew Extended Till May 26
- Cyclone Tauktae Likely To Intensify Into 'Very Severe Cyclonic' Storm
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Mamata Banerjee: The Wonder Woman As The Masked Crusader
- Used Rioters As ‘Human Weapons’: Delhi Court Denies Bail To Tahir Hussain
- ‘Havan Yagya Can End Covid’: BJP Leader
- Govt, Public Dropped Guard After 1st Covid Wave: Mohan Bhagwat
- Should Covid Patients Take Remdesivir At Home? Here’s What Experts Say
- 'Uljhan' (The Knot) Explores The Chasm Of Class: Ashish Pant
- Non-bailable Warrants Against Sushil
- India footballer Lalpekhlua Patrolling River