Pakistan High Commissioner Shahid Malik today met Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, days ahead of the scheduled meeting of Home Ministers of SAARC countries in Islamabad.
"It was a routine meeting. As you know the Home Minister is travelling for the SAARC Home Ministers' meeting. I just came to talk to him about that," Malik told reporters.
Malik was accompanied by his deputy Riffat Massod during the nearly 30-minute long meeting.
Chidambaram is scheduled to visit Islamabad for the meeting of the Home Ministers of eight-nation South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) on June 26. The meeting will also be attended by Home Secretary G K Pillai.
The meeting will be attended by ministers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka and is expected to discuss regional cooperation for dealing with the menace of terrorism, narcotics smuggling and organised crime.
The first such meeting was held in Dhaka on May 11, 2006 followed by one in New Delhi on October 25, 2007.
Earlier in the day, a representative of United States Embassy Steven J White met Home Secretary Pillai.
The meeting took place at a time when a team of National Investigation Agency is in Chicago to question Lashkar-e-Taiba operative David Coleman Headley.
Pak High Commissioner Meets Chidambaram
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Man Carries Mother On Shoulder To Cremation Site As Kin, Villagers Turn Spectators
- Covid Second Wave: PM Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- Nothing To Hide: Youth Cong Chief To Delhi Cops’ Poser On Procuring Oxygen
- Situation ‘Extremely Fragile’ As Rajasthan CM Sounds Alarm Over Inadequate Oxygen Supply
- A Pin-Prick Of Hope: 40 Transgenders Given Covid-19 Jab In Guwahati
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study: Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- Kashmir Doctors' Panel Pushes For 'Plan' To Safeguard Staff
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- Mithali, Harman To Lead Teams
- I-League: AIFF To Do Away With Relegation Due To COVID-19